Fully Immersive Virtual Reality
LittleSeed's Voxel Bay is the world's first virtual reality platform built by doctors and kids (at heart) for pain and anxiety relief in clinics large and small. It's a fully-immersive virtual and augmented reality ecosystem which includes custom hardware and software was built from the ground up at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, and now is brought to clinics everywhere by LittleSeed. VoxelBay's primary aim: engage patients with an absolutely amazing and anxiety free experience inside, and outside, of the hospital clinic. Voxel Bay facilitates distraction through engagement in a completely novel and challenging and fun environment, and brings genuine joy and laughter to the hospital. Voxel Bay is a vital first step toward to redefining the patient experience during procedures for kids of all ages.
Voxel Bay’s success is built on three pillars : targeted games and experiences which provide unique and fun interaction, a custom, single-use virtual reality headset with proprietary BreathCatcher© technology specifically designed for clinical pediatric use, and a suite of tools which puts the caregiver in control of the environments and activities.
Contact us any time to find out how you can use this magic in your clinic or hospital to transform your patient experiences.
Voxel Bay 1 of 5 Top Finalists for Interactive Innovation Award
Voxel Bay was recognized as 1 of the top 5 finalists in the area of Health, Med and Biotech, at the internationally recognized SXSW Festival, a very prestigious honor. SXSW is calling these finalist projects the connected world’s best and most forward-thinking.
In The Press
- This Week News: Science nonfiction: Cutting-edge tech companies find footholds in central Ohio
- TechOhio: VR Headset Helps Put Children at Ease
- CSL Behring: Nobody Likes Needles
- Computer Weekly: http://www.computerweekly.com/news/450420185/Virtual-reality-as-a-healthcare-tool
- The Columbus Dispatch: http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170521/virtual-reality-game-helps-young-hemophilia-patients-endure-prickly-treatments
- The Courier: http://thecourier.com/life-news/2017/06/08/virtual-reality-helps-patients-sail-through-procedures/
- Haptic.al: https://haptic.al/needle-phobia-virtual-reality-8d501c59ea42#.8y1oiswt1
- Nationwide Children’s Newsroom: Pediatric Clinic Tests Virtual Reality for Hemophilia Patients during Procedures – 10/6/16
- Science Daily: Virtual reality games make infusions easier on young patients – 10/5/16
- 700 Children’s Blog: Virtual Reality: Using Technology in Medical Treatment – 9/28/16
- National Hemophilia Foundation: Virtual Reality Game Eases Infusion Process in Children 11/7/16
- All Sides with Ann Fisher Interview: “Wellness Wednesday: Virtual Reality, Exercise Inclusion and Mental Health Clubhouses” – 10/26/16
- CBS: Virtual Reality Takes The Pain And Anxiety Out Of Needle Pricks For Parents And Kids – 10/25/16
- VRScout: This Hospital is Using VR to Make Shots Easier For Kids – 10/19/16
- Hemophilia News Today: Virtual Reality Game Helping Young Hemophilia Patients Ignore Painful Treatments – 10/12/16
- Medgadget: Immersive Virtual Reality Gaming Helps Kids With Hemophilia Get Through Infusions – 10/6/16
- OSU College of Arts and Sciences Article: “Voxel Bay: ACCAD Students Partner with Nationwide Children’s Hospital to Create Virtual Reality Game to Comfort Young Patients” – 10/6/16
- News Medical: New virtual reality games create better patient-experience for kids during infusions
- OrthoFeed: New virtual reality games create better patient-experience for kids during infusions
- VR Scout: New Virtual Reality Games Make Infusions Easier On Young Patients
- Realidad Virtual aplicada a la medicina: http://www.voanoticias.com/a/realidad-virtual-medicina/3774045.html
- Dunn A, Patterson J, Biega CF, Grishchenko A, Luna J, Stanek JR, Strouse R A Novel Clinician-Orchestrated Virtual Reality Platform for Distraction During Pediatric Intravenous Procedures in Children With Hemophilia: Randomized Controlled Trial JMIR Serious Games 2019;7(1):e10902 URL: https://games.jmir.org/2019/1/e10902 DOI: 10.2196/10902 PMID: 30626567
- Alice Grinshencko, John Luna, Jeremy Patterson – Voxel Bay Virtual Reality for Pediatric Pain Management SIGGRAPH 2016 – 7/28/16
- PediatricsNationwide.org – Changing the Game: Virtual Reality Distracts From Pain, Transforming the Patient Experience – 10/14/16
- 2015 Research Retreat: “Virtual Reality as Distraction Techniques : Designing and Creating Interactive Virtual Reality Games for Use as Distraction Techniques in a Pediatric Patient Population” Alice Grishchenko, John Luna, Robert Strouse, Jeremy Patterson, Amy Dunn, MD